Scientist — Medicinal ChemistryDurham, NC
The Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry will be working with our internal research and external medicinal chemistry groups to design and synthesize small-molecules in the pursuit of target validation, hit-to-lead and lead optimization. The successful candidate will engage in synthetic and medicinal chemistry problem solving and will collaborate across disciplines to drive programs.
- Work with internal and external medicinal chemistry groups to successfully advance programs.
- Analyze data and collaborate with our multidisciplinary teams to prioritize synthetic targets
- Lead and oversee effective interactions with CROs.
- Lead medicinal and synthetic chemistry efforts, demonstrate high level of problem solving and creativity
- Interpret, and communicate results effectively
- Maintain and promote safe work environment
- MS or PhD. in synthetic organic chemistry
- If PhD, 3-7 years of experience, at least 3 of those in an industry setting
- If MS, 7-10 years of experience, at least 5 of those in an industry setting
- Strong track record in impacting hit-to-lead and lead optimization programs
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic chemistry problem solving skills
- Experience with ITC is preferred.
- Proven ability to work collaborate effectively with others in a dynamic and highly matrixed environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with CROs is preferred
The compensation package includes competitive salary, equity participation, benefits and health plan.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.